[fade in laughter]
The other night while I wasn’t looking, Allen Taylor of World Class Poetry Blog tagged me to write a six-word memoir, no small feat I assure you. Here’s the one I rejected, although on some level it rings true:
Namesake destiny provides sequel to Psycho.
But those who know me best would agree this sounds about right:
Headliner: breech birth, embraced life headlong.
Apparently, the game is based on a bet presented by Ernest Hemingway that he could condense his life story into six words. Hemingway wrote: For Sale: baby shoes, never worn. Now this bet was discovered by Bookbabie who started the six-word memoir meme with these rules:
- Write your own six-word memoir.
- Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
- Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
- Tag 5 more blogs with links.
- And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
p.s. It was difficult to choose just 5 out of all my dear friends for this invitation so I didn’t tag anyone I thought was going through a particularly rough time in their life right now having trouble keeping up with their own blogs. I don’t want anyone to feel under pressure to indulge me in this invitational exercise. [Is this worded better, Ario? ;>] I encourage any of my friends to come up with a 6-word memoir and post it on your own blog. Get in touch with me and I’ll provide a link to it from here..:)
p.p.s. Please don’t get any crazy ideas that I like to play tag. As a child I always ended up being “it” and I’m “Janet Leigh” now, okay?!! Just saying…:) heh heh